Sunday, February 26, 2006

It's So Unfair: Self Hatred

Concrete Loop is by far one of the best blog sites out there. For those that don't know, it's a blog for Black Entertainment. I love reading Angel's post. I never read the comments from her readers though, until today. And I really regret doing so. Now, I know commenters love to rip each other to shreds, but this goes beyond the regular teasing and name-calling. Normally, it will take me a couple of weeks before I get bored with and/or sick of the comments and stop reading them. But this only took 30 minutes. The amount of hatred these people seem to have for themselves and their own race is astonishing. If you disagree with a comment, fine, but why put down your race or put down someone's bank account to show your disapproval?

Here is a taste of some of the posts I read today.

"You wish you were "high yellow". So your feet are black and your heels look like potatoes. It's not my fault, get over it. HA!"

"Light girl ratio = 1:3 = sexy. Darker girls = 1:20 = sexy."

"And you chicks always hatin on BEE maybe you gals should check your bank account and
post your income and statements on here then lets ask BEE to do the same, then we will
bash bytches on who is the overall H.A.M."

And the n-word was all over the place.

So, I'm guessing that you really aren't allowed to say that you like/don't like someone or something unless you're light-skinned and rich? I don't see this type of hatred on other blog sites. Yeah, people get into stupid arguments, but I have yet to see a white poster hate on another white poster's race. I haven't seen "you dumb cracker" or "the fairer skinned Aryan is better than the not so fair-skinned one" or whatever, you get the point.

Self-hatred is very ugly. And you can be the lightest and wealthiest black person in America, and they'll still call you a nigger.

BTW...Angel, your blog is great! I'll definitely continue reading your posts, just not the comments.

1 Comments:

At 10:35 PM, Blogger VerseOne said...

We have been taught to find fault in each other. The Willy Lynch letter discusses it. I have a link to it on my blog check it out.

Peace

 

Post a Comment

<< Home