Sunday, June 04, 2006

It's So Unfair: Self-Publishing Part Dos

I uploaded the manuscript and had a copy printed for my approval. Honestly, I thought all I would have to do is proofread at this point. I get the book and the cover looks great! The title page is what I expected, and that's it. The rest of the book was horrible. Transferring my word document to do their format showed that that some of the font was different. I didn't catch it in the original document because it all looked the same. But now, some of it is small and some is HUGE. DARN IT!

Now, not only do I have to proofread, I have to try and catch everything that's a little quirky. Self-publishing is not going to be as easy as I thought.

Enough whining, I have editing to do. Is it too early for a beer?

Kim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home